Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My current Teacher in Art...

So I remember my most recent teacher, Donna Frank of Orlando, once  telling me in person how in terms of her current cityscapes, the production design and architectural designs I've drawn for Parallax influenced a lot of her painted Impressionist cityscape interpretations of Downtown Orlando's Architecture. I was kind of honored that I'm now actually directly influencing a member of the fine arts community, not just anime online, which is a tad bit different than what I'm used to. Usually it's just teenage Asian girls online who want to copy Mono's trenchcoat and draw their own renditions of it. It's nice to talk to a fellow local artist directly. Hasn't happened before now for a while. She did receive some of her art education in France and Italy during her career at one point. So technically, even though I haven't been to France to study art myself (yet!), I'm still the protege of an older artist who DID have some of her art education take place in France for quite a  while. Better than nothing I suppose.