Sunday, March 12, 2017
Choreography Meditations, Live Action vs. Animation.
Dragonball Z vs. Shaw Brothers
One thing I noticed is how flat Shaw brother compositions are compared to Dragonball. There's usually not very many foreshortened camera shots of body parts in live action choreography, But in a lot of Asian animation fight choreography, there is.
In Dragonball Z, the characters' limbs and body parts stretch and overlap the camera shot and angle, and get cropped by the edge of the screen. Limbs, hands, feet, necks, and feet and legs and arms art foreshortened to look further away from the camera than they actually are. This is the advantage of being a cartoonist, you can stretch and crop limbs out of the camera shot and composition.
Saturday, March 11, 2017
- Charles-Fiodor Nadd, ex-governor and 49th President of the United States.
- Strom Thurmond, lead singer for the band Rush.
- Abe Vigoda, legendary singer/songwriter.
- Brett, that one guy who did that one thing that one time.
- Jeb Bush, brother of George Bush (See "moron presidents".)
- NSYNC, Mandy Moore, O-Town, Backstreet Boys, Bryan McKnight, Matchbox Twenty, and numerous other pop "artists" that people eventually love to loathe
- Shaquille O'Neal, holder of the record of eating the most catfish in one sitting.
- Debra LaFave, former teacher and current crazy woman.
- Ted Menendez, secret Cuban operative working for Castro.
- Alicia Ros-Liethien, another Cuban secret agent.
- Katherine Harris, perpetraitor of the 2000 Presidential election recount.
- Barney Frank, perpetraitor responsible for the 2008 economic crises, a gay man.
- Ned Hardee, reformed private investigator and third Hardee Brother, also gay.
- Nolan B. Canova, former gee-tarist whiz kid and current film-reviewer for The Tampon Times.
- Joe, some stupid kid editing this wiki who moved here because Ohio was too hot.
- Home of the extremely rare and highly elusive, endangered pink lawn flamingo.
- Christopher Walken occasionally vacations in Floriduh, because he is ridiculously old.
- Robert Trotter, super idiot who vacations in Wisconsin in the winter.
- Ted Bundy, his retirement home is Starke State Prison, home of "Ol' Sparky".
THANKS FOR THE CRED, Wiki!
Doctor: You say your new neighbors are racist and hate you because of your skin color and social orientation. This is clearly the work of your imagination. I'm going to put you on some of the most dangerous psychoactive drugs I know, mostly because I secretely want to watch you overdose and kill your creative ambitions. Depakote, Haldol, Lithium, Benztropine, Amlodipine, Wellbutrin. Because you're CLEARLY schizophrenic to be imagining something as silly as RACISM IN A FLORIDA SUBURBAN NEIGHBORHOOD. Who ever heard of such a silly notion.
In my odyssey as an independent publisher and self-publisher who is very creative and innovative, I've created my share of innovations along the way, for instance, I'll mention two of them...
Manga-Anime-Comics-Animation Concept Art Ebook.
I created the first known instance of a Kindle republishing of a traditionl art book that existed in printed, but not kindle ebook form: Art: Manifested – The Art of J.M. Matthews. Now that's slowly becoming the norm, with Disney Feature Animation and various Video game concept art book publishers jumping on the bandwagon I apparently started in 2013 without knowing it at the time. You may be asking, WHERE is the proof of this accomplishment. Simple, check the copyright date: Art: Manifested – The Art of J.M. Matthews was published (Officially) in 2013, one year after the paperback was published officially in print form in 2012. No other artbooks were published in Kindle form that year, because it was the FIRST. The next closest publication date of ANY art book in Kindle form was 2015 or so, as far as I know. It was the only Concept Art Kindle Ebook available at the time, and it represented a big step forward for the media arts industry. Now instead of hulking around all these massive 30 lbs heavy hardcover books, we can have their PDF files on out computers and websites.
I was one of the first author-publishers to republish my art and writing material together in collected form, Omnibus style. Or so I've been told.
Saturday, March 4, 2017
As an unpaid Filmmaker, Blogger, Novelist, Poet, Essayist Cartoonist, and Screenwriter, I found the area that came easiest, filmmaking and blogging aside, was being a web cartoonist of a webcomic/manga. But all that focusing on one or two areas made me rusty in many of the areas I neglected in favor of developing my artistic abilities, which for anyone who draws online knows, is a real war and battle. So I'm switching things up. I said, why not neglect art in favor of writing for the next few years. Bottom line, when you do this many things full time, some of them are going to get neglected. And others will be more tended to.
Monday, February 27, 2017
"The Downtown Star offices were quiet this time of night, in the middle of the night. Only a few people walked the halls of the office building. Sungur Redgrave peer out the window from his office desk. Then it hit him. The intuitive insight hit him.
“He survived?” Sungur asked the empty room. “Goddamn it!” Sungur shouted to the empty room. “Why can't he just die a simple death like all the others! Needless to say I think I'll be keeping a very close eye on this one. It's time I finished the job.” And with that, he began the work of plotting against Mike Stone. "