Monday, October 10, 2011

Academic Theories: Surrealism Makes You A Visionary

I like Surrealism, and I've derived a scientific psychological-developmental theory around it. I saw a lot of surrealistic imagery as a child, and not surprisingly, I grew up to be a very creative designer and general artist.

That is why I can't help but suspect the following scientific theory:

If you view a lot of surrealistic images at a young age, in print (comics, children's books), on TV, and on computers, (NOT anime. Surrealism. Difference.), your brain will automatically become highly imaginative and creative visually. Visual intelligence.

My theory is similar to the notion that "Listening to Mozart makes you smarter"

And because other than Science fiction and fantasy, Surrealism is the most creative visual art, and it will likely broaden your creative mind, and make you a better visual stylist when you grow up.

I wonder if psychologists will ever test this theory and conduct research related to it...Hmmm.