Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fame and Support

If there's one thing fame and success give you, that you don't ever achieve at, say, my level, it would definitely be re-assurance. Even when I'm most successful, due to the nature of the way I live with a family that doesn't actually support me, I never have the comfort and empowerment of re-assurance. Plenty of people look over my shoulder (often without my permission or consulting me), but hardly anyone ever gives me feedback in the form of re-assurance. No one ever directly comments on my art. Far as I know know one knows who I am and everyone hates what I do. Due to the fact that no one reassures any of my decisions (or decision making), whether from higher ups OR lower downs, far as I know no one gives a shit about anything I do. And people wonder why I make the decisions about my art that I do. YOU TRY not getting any direct fucking input from the public about what you do, and we'll see how happy you are....I work based on intuitive assumption, not input. I'm really the only one who approves ANYTHING I do...in general.