Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm With [Bang Zoom!] by J.M. de la Strebler

My relationship with Bang Zoom Entertainment. You know, I know to some in the know in anime, it is a point of fascination to some in the otaku community. A small group of people are sort of AWARE of it, or at least it seems that way, so I may as well write about said topic. I still do like Bang Zoom! Entertainment and AnimeTV. I don't DIS-like them. I never have disliked them. Why would I? They've never really been mean to me, so I have no grudges. But an email every once in a while out of courtesy would be nice. But then again, maybe the fact that I "officially contributed" to certain episodes of AnimeTV and have the whole "guilty by association fame" thing going on should be satsifaction enough. Still, I miss contacting them openly, like it happened when I first started writing reviews for them.

I guess the thing was, I was never really sure exactly how close they DID consider me, if at all, if ever, particularly now. The producers emailed me in the beginning regarding the show, but I do kind of miss that time of my life, around 2007. Though that was an awkard time for me in some ways, what with my first TV experience working from home, I'm not going to lie. I've ALWAYS idolized many of the people they employ, and many of the shows they worked on. I've always liked what they've done in the dubbing world. They've dubbed half of the titles in my private DVD collection. I'd still like to work with them on something in the future and I hope they keep me on file, even if it's just for a mailing list. I like being on mailing lists. They took a lot of heat for doing a live action show, I'm well aware of that, and I probably didn't help in that regard. I acknowledge that much. But that doesn't change their actual anime track record. Who cares if they threaten to stop dubbing. As long as I still see them working on SOME kind of good production (hopefully anime related) I'll always be loyal to them, even if they don't email me anymore. It's still been a lotta fun.