Monday, June 20, 2011

Willpower...Perseverance...Resolution

If I only drew when I wasn't being criticized by someone, I'd have quit the game a long, long time ago. There are many that openly despise my art. That's not the reason you should draw.

The only reason I continue to draw today, and will continue to draw until I die and probably never stop, is primarily because of my (rather cocky) ego (I might add). I'm driven by ego and the power of my will. I'm driven by a need to express both my ingenuity and power, and paper is the most convenient outlet for that. What people say about me, what I do or what I produce, quite honestly, doesn't mean shit to me. I'm compelled to dynamically express myself on paper and on computer. I could care less if fans (or anyone for that matter, even family) see it. I'm driven to express myself with art, both visually designed and executed, and written. Quality is irrelevent. As long as I'm drawing SOMETHING, my purpose in life is fulfilled. An audience and fans are not a necessary means to that end. I keep drawing because on some level my ego senses I'm good and Won't Let Me stop. Productivity is the only thing or goal I REALLY desire. Satan puts plenty of obstacles in my way of doing what The Lord wants me to do: Manifest art. My will shall remain. No amount of opposition sent by The Devil shall ever change the willpower of my resolution. I'll still be working every month or week, if not every day. Go ahead, called me any and/or every character insult you can conceive. Call me anything you like. Try to hurt me all you want. I'm gonna keep drawing. You don't matter to me, you're weak and hide behind your words. And I'm going to treat you how you should be treated. Worthless compared to what I produce. Worthless compared to God's will, which is essentially my own will, so it evens out.

Does my life story make me a "martyr"? Would a lot of people give up if they had to live the life I've lived, and faced the opposition I have? Without question. I like to think of myself as quite resolute. Nothing too boastful. I'll let history debate the whole "martyr thing".