Monday, June 20, 2011

Torn...And divided....

I'm split 50/50 about which path I should go down.

For once, the journey ahead of me is pretty clearcut. But I am aware it's difficult to have your cake and eat it too, and especially travel both these paths at the same time. I'll admit I've been very secretive about what I'm in the process of doing. I haven't exactly been very forthright talking to "myself" online.

But from the way it looks I'm going to either be a business thing licensor, or a full-time comic book creator or screenwriter. I'm able to do either one without too much difficulty, but having to choose between the two career goals. One of these careers pays, and one basically makes a lifelong dream a reality.

It's never easy having to choose which of your dreams to take the most seriously. And then there's the media, and dealing with them. The actual work is really fun, but the industry politics fucking piss me off sometimes.

On the plus side, no matter which road I travel, I DO have a future that shows a lot of promise, so that's always beneficial. Being an entrepreneur is tempting though.

Right now, I'm a part timer. But I am making a considerable effort to transition to full-time.

What kind of work would it be? Actually, I'm not really comfortable discussing work online. It never works out when and if I do. So I guess I'm just going to have to keep people in the dark I suppose. Apologies.

Well, actually, I'm not being entirely honest with my audience here. I've filled up countless spiral notebooks with business and career planning notes, and I've done stacks of sketches and writing and filled up numerous notebooks, especially for my comics goal. I've been working on my goals part time for a while now, especially comics. This is not new. I've been doing the work behind closed doors, that most don't really see. It really boils down to attaining more resources and working harder. I work hard in terms of achieving my goals, right here and now. But I aspire to work a lot harder than I already have been, in an effort to turn my part-time hobbies into full-time jobs. But the important part is, I'm already a workaholic at these hobbies now.

My brother once said "Damn, you talk about that computer like it's an actual full time job or somethin'."

Well, actually, it already "sorta" is! Excuse me for working harder than you.

Poor, poor dismissive and insane doubting brother of mine. If only I could tell about what I was actually working toward. Well, I suppose I could do that, but he'd just laugh at me...viciously derisively and called me mentally delusional ("Talking online. That's not talking to real people")!! Because working a day job is so much better, of course.

Wake up dreamer! You can't trust NOBODY.

Unfortunately, I live with a bunch of dirty commies who think you should share everything and not recieve anything of your own. Kinda sucks. For this blog report, they argued No communist comment!