Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Amazon Spree

So I went on an Amazon BUYING FRENZY with some extra money I earned a few days ago. Bought sword movie I've always wanted to see, Heroes of the East. I've seen bits and pieces of it on YouTube and heard about it in Choreography books,  but the damn movie is just so intriguing. Hong Kong film is almost always good when it comes to choreography and action,  but damn, that film seems one of the best even by Hong Kong standards!

Bought some comics from Amazon.com U.S., as well as some comics from Amazon.fr and Amazon.co.jp. I LOVE ordering from those sites! Really spices up my days, getting to order international books that are untranslated. Honestly, words don't matter to me. If I want words I'll read Jean-Paul Sartre or Ken Wilber or John Steinbeck (which I actually do, I own those books too). I primarily like to buy untranslated art books and comics from overseas (France and Japan) purely for the superior quality of their artwork. Getting to see art like that makes the the steep shipping and handling Amazon fees worth it.

That's about it

-J.M.-