Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Manga...or things like it...

Haven't written about manga and anime in a while. Still a fan, but even I can see that the simultaneous death of both Borders AND Tokyopop, and on top of that Floods and Earthquakes in much of Japan, have done a LOT of damage to the anime and manga industries. That's billions of dollars in losses. Which kind of leaves me asking, just where exactly IS the anime and manga community. Online feels a bit isolating in some ways. I will admit though, 2003 was a horrible year for me personally, but it was probably one of the best years in recent anime and manga history

I have been working on Parallax, until I realized no one really cares about what I draw all that much. What I review maybe, but not what I draw online. If you think differently you can always email me at my email address and convince me otherwise at spindack@gmail.com. No one ever really does that though, except one person who ended up filling in as a guest artist on my WCN JM Magazine. But other than a few supporters of that kind, most people just aren't interested in what I have to draw and probably write.